Tuesday, January 22, 2013

In the Beginning....


   I created this blog for many reasons, but the most important, is that I want to share my story as I learn about and implement homeschool into my family's everyday life. When I tell people that I will be homeschooling my children soon I get it all from, "Oh my! You are crazy!" to "I thought homeschool kids are weird", and everything in between. I know these days teaching our children at home is unconventional but after much thought, a lot of prayer, and watching the recent events on the news; my husband and I have decided this is what is best for our family. Even my ex-husband, a.k.a Baby Daddy, is on board (hey, it’s a family affair).

    My prayer for this blog is that it encourages other moms (and dads) who want to try this “crazy homeschool thing” out, as well as inspire parents to think outside the public school box, weigh the pros and cons of homeschool and possibly consider it for their family. My hope is that through my mistakes, my rewarding moments, my accomplishments, and even my "pulling my hair out and give me a straigh jacket" days that I make you smile (maybe even laugh occasionally), and that you see you do not have to be perfect to make “this crazy homeschool thing” work. So let the fun (a.k.a. crazy) begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment